If you’re looking for the perfect summer dish that doesn’t require getting hot and bothered in the kitchen then ceviche should be at the top of the list.
Once one of South America’s best kept secrets, ceviche is now gaining popularity at rapid speed due to its light, fresh and zingy flavour.
We went along to the Top Chef Cooking Studio where the super talented Cristina Mennah shared her secret ceviche recipe.
From our video, you would never believe Cristina was apprehensive at being filmed. She was so nervous initially but as soon as she stepped foot into her kitchen we knew she was in her element. It’s quite fascinating to see a chef at work and it’s clear that the kitchen is definitely where Cristina is at home.
Have a go yourself with Cristina’s recipe, we guarantee it will be a favourite at your next dinner party.
[recipe title=”Sea-bass Ceviche” servings= 5 difficulty= easy]
- 5 x 150g of sea bass fillets
- 2 limes squeezed
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 1 orange squeezed
- 1 grapefruit squeezed
- 1 red onion,diced
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 big cucumber diced
- 1 big mango diced
- 1 chili
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of salt
- 3 corn tortillas
1. Dice the sea bass and place in a bowl with a bigger bowl under with water and ice.
2. Dice the onions and chillies into very small pieces. Set aside.
3. Cut the cucumbers and mangoes into cubes. Chop the coriander.
4. Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit, orange, lemon, and lime.
5. Mix the fish with the juices, fruits and vegetables. Then add the olive oil, salt and sugar.
6. Cut the corn tortillas into strips and bake them for 8 minutes 180C.
7. Lace the ceviche in a glass and garnish with the baked tortillas, some diced mango and chopped coriander.[/recipe]
We were also lucky enough to meet the Founder of the Top Chef Cooking studio, Nadira who told us all about the concept behind the studio.
Do you know your Souffle from your flambee?
If not then prepare to flex those culinary muscles and tempt those taste buds with the ‘Chef to Be’ cooking class at the Top Chef Cooking Studio. With years of experience, the chefs will teach you a variety of skills the likes of Jamie Oliver would be proud of. Is there anything more tempting than that? Well yes, there is actually, because you can now take your friend along for free as it’s now in the ENTERTAINER Dubai 2016! Enjoy!